How do we create real business engagements for new technology ventures?
The GCG business development team works proactively with selected innovators and new enterprises to find and facilitate new business in international markets. [View video case-studies of business facilitated by GCG.]
Listed below are specific examples of the proactive international business development activities GCG offers to selected technologies:
- Research into potential international business engagements for the technologies through calls to IC² contacts/fellows, calls to those identified in the IC² validation and assessment reports, and “cold” calls to prospects identified through secondary research.
- Planning a strategic approach to developing new business for the technologies based on the above research. Developing information on each technology’s unique value proposition, specific benefits to prospective clients, and advantages of the technology over competitive alternatives.
- Working with the technology representatives to develop marketing materials about their technologies.
- Presentation of information on the technologies to those deemed appropriate as a result of initial calls.
- Framing of potential avenues for business engagements between technology representatives and other parties.
- Arrange for representatives of selected technologies to visit the US for meetings with potential customers, partners for joint development or distribution, or strategic or equity investors.
- Coaching of technology representatives prior to conferences or meetings with interested parties and throughout the business development activities of the program: Providing feedback and guidance on business model development, marketing, pricing, contract negotiations.
- Facilitation of business engagement agreements between technology representatives and interested parties.
- Offer work space for select technologies in our Austin, Texas, offices.