On March 25, 2014, National Journal and The Atlantic will host an event on the role of Millenials in American society, in partnership with the IC² Institute.
Update: Archived video now available.
Tuesday, March 25
2:30 – 5:30 PM CDT
Student Activity Center, Black Box Theater, UT Austin
Your generation – the Millennials – may be the most influential generation in American life. You probably already know that you are a part of the most diverse generation in American history, and the choices you’re making are setting the course for the future of this country. You are on track to be the most educated, the most connected and the most wired generation. Many of you have a focus on entrepreneurship and service, which means you will have even more of an impact on our country.
Come join National Journal and The Atlantic for an event that’s all about how you can take advantage of your unique skills to be successful in today’s changing world. Speakers, including government officials, educators, entrepreneurs, your peers, and more, will provide practical information about how entrepreneurship, service, and technology can provide pathways for your success. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be inspired for your future as one of the most important generations in this country.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
2:30 – 3:00 pm Registration & Xbox One Demo
3:00 – 5:00 pm Program
5:00 – 5:30 pm Networking Reception
Refreshments provided by Chi’Lantro BBQ
Ronald Brownstein, Editorial Director, Atlantic Media
- Isaac Barchas, Associate Director, Austin Technology Incubator
- Grant Heimer, Director, Longhorn Entrepreneurship Agency and Student, The University of Texas at Austin
- Jae Kim, Founder and Owner, Chi’Lantro BBQ
- Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer, Texas House of Representatives (D-San Antonio)
- Bob Metcalfe, Professor of Innovation and Murchison Fellow of Free Enterprise, The University of Texas at Austin
- Rudy Rodriguez, Managing Partner, Team Venti
- Juan Sanchez, Vice President of Research, The University of Texas at Austin
- Jason Seats, Managing Director, TechStars
- Michele Skelding, Senior Vice President of Global Technology Strategies, Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Wendy Spencer, Chief Executive Officer, Corporation for National and Community Service
Connect at #MillennialPathways