With generous support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the IC² Institute has documented the evolution of Austin’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. We present a summary of our findings in an infographic and short report below. The infographic shows Austin’s entrepreneurial trend between 1990 and 2016 and presents the five parallel stages of Austin’s entrepreneurial genesis. The short report summarizes the genesis of Austin’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
For more information
- A Tale of Two Innovative Entrepreneurial Regions: The Research Triangle and Austin (2016)
- Preliminary Assessment of the Factors that Led Austin to Become a High-Tech Entrepreneurial City (2016)
- High-Tech Entrepreneurial Trends in the Austin MSA (2016)
- Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative (SLEI)
- Survey of Texas Hispanic-owned Businesses with Paid Employees
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is focused on education and entrepreneurship and is among the largest private foundations in the United States.