Part-time summer student associate position—remote, online work
IC2 Institute, The University of Texas at Austin
19 hours/week, $14.62/hour, 9 weeks of work (Jun 1 – Jul 31)
Flexible schedule during business hours, Monday-Friday
Student status requirement: ULN student or veteran
We have funding for these positions to support veteran students and students in the University Leadership Network. We will also accept applications from students not in those categories in case other funding becomes available.
Regional economic recovery team. The IC² Institute, a UT Austin research department concerned with the sustainable economic development of small and remote communities, is focusing some of its efforts this summer in studying the challenges that these communities will face as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. A team of UT Austin students, working remotely, will help us gather data directly from the residents of Texas communities. Each member of the student team will be assigned a Texas community, will receive training from the institute, and will obtain survey, interview, and other data on the community, to be shared and discussed with the institute research team.
- Participate in online training in social science research methodology and primary-source research techniques with an emphasis on interview data.
- Conduct and document interviews of leaders and stakeholders in small and remote communities of Texas. Utilize online tools.
- Assist in launching regional surveys of economic conditions in these communities.
- Assist IC2 in organization of data.
- Write a summary of findings for community members.
- Interest in social science research methodology and community economic development–No experience necessary.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Apply before April 30, 2020.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.