The City of Austin Economic Development Department has joined with the IC² Institute to invest in the growth of Austin’s small businesses by offering the FASTFORWARD Entrepreneur Training Program to selected businesses – starting Fall 2016.
What is FASTFORWARD?
In a “learn then do” environment, this hands-on program guides small business owners to:
- Identify new business opportunities and revenue streams
- Differentiate their message, product and delivery strategy to effectively reach the marketplace
- Develop financial models to enhance partnerships and funding opportunities
- Increase the scale of their business
What makes this program different?
We understand your challenges! Small business owners struggle to find the time, resources, community and mentorship to exploit opportunities to growth their business. The FASTFORWARD Program brings a proven strategy for accelerating business growth, access to new energetic talent, mentor resources, and peer-to-peer community. The City of Austin is investing in its small businesses by covering approximately 80% of the program costs.
The application process:
Existing small businesses headquartered in Austin are encouraged to apply to the FASTFORWARD Program. An investment of only $250 per business is required to fully benefit from the FASTFORWARD Program. Download the application and email to Jeremy.Barndt@austintexas.gov. Application deadline is July 31, 2016.
A few details:
- A limited number of small businesses will be selected for the program based on their application
- FASTFORWARD sessions will be held every Tuesday evening, from 6-9:30 PM, beginning September 6th and final presentations will be made on Dec. 1st
- Attendance of training sessions is mandatory
- Monthly opportunities to network and collaborate with other small business owners
- Opportunity to pitch to investors
- Successful participants will be presented a FASTFORWARD Program Completion Certificate in the City of Austin Council Chambers issued by the IC² Institute and the City of Austin Economic Development Department’s Small Business Program
- Participating businesses agree to participate in periodic post-program surveys that will measure the FASTFORWARD Program’s impact on their business
- Check out the program schedule. Questions can be answered by contacting the Small Business Program at (512) 974-7800
For more information: