2020 will go down in history as one of the most challenging years our country and the state of Texas have experienced in more than a century. Yet, during these challenging times, there are opportunities for the well-prepared to identify and leverage for future success. Let’s use this critical period to rethink recovery, take strategic action, and build resilience.
To help communities respond to 2020 opportunities, the IC2 Institute is offering Regional XLR8 – a new type of accelerator program to build thriving and resilient communities. Regional XLR8 emphasizes the human-centered aspect of community economic development. Program participants explore regional collaboration, identify opportunities for growth fitting regional assets, and develop a plan to turn “opportunity into reality.”
Regional XLR8 builds on IC2’s 43 years of “thinking and doing,” where best entrepreneurial practices are applied to regional economic development. In XLR8, community leaders will be able to develop new programs, rapidly measure outcomes, and refine for maximum impact.
Regional XLR8 builds on community-asset-mapping data acquired by the IC² Regional Economic Recovery Team over the summer or equivalent data already possessed by the community.
- Community leaders across Texas were invited.
- Program includes training materials available at this link.
- Online video training materials prepared by IC2 for each session
- Online team learning and application sessions provided in real-time
- Off-line activities required for each community team to evaluate, plan, and launch a growth initiative.
- Formation of a growing Peer-to-Peer Network.
- Join the LinkedIn group for Regional XLR8 where community leaders can build relationships, and expand ideas.
Regional XLR8 was free of charge to community leaders, but required commitment, hard work, and continued execution.