The IC² Institute is preparing to help small or remote Texas communities face economic recovery issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. Leaders of these communities are invited to sign up for a training program called “XLR8.” XLR8 aims to identify both challenges and key steps to mitigate challenges and maximally leverage assets within communities.
Training will reference the community-asset-mapping data acquired by the IC² Regional Economic Recovery Team over the summer or equivalent data already possessed by the community. Topics:
- a framework for data-driven economic development program design
- rapid testing and linking of measurement to grow programs with broad community support
- peer-based mentoring
- access to economic development experts
Sessions will occur online on Tuesday evenings in the fall.
Tentative schedule of meetings:
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 6-8 PM
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 6-8 PM
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 6-8 PM
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 6-8 PM
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 6-8 PM
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 6-8 PM
There is no cost to communities for participation in XLR8.
Interested communities should complete this brief form.